Cruise the Russian Arctic – Archangel, Novaya Zemlya, Franz Joseph Land and Murmansk: Silver Explorer From Tromso – August 1, 2012
22/05/2012 1 Comment
Aboard the intimate, 132-guest Silver Explorer you can cruise beyond the Arctic Circle to discover remarkable wildlife found nowhere else on Earth. While on board, you’ll savour fine dining and spacious ocean-view suites with butler service. Complimentary excursions such as wilderness hikes, Zodiac cruises and guided museum visits are offered on all voyages.
RUSSIA’S WHITE SEA & FRANZ JOSEF LAND
Russia’s White Sea, Novaya Zemlya and the otherworldly terrain of the Franz Joseph Land archipelago. This rare itinerary follows a route once restricted by the Soviets and even now accessible only during summer’s warmest months.
18 nights from Tromso from £9,499 to £22,999 cruise-only, flights available on request
Expedition Highlights & Complimentary Excursions
• Search the seas for beluga whales and narwhals
• Tour the Solovetsky Monastery – a UNESCO world heritage site
• Go ashore for nature walks across the Arctic tundra
• Photograph landscapes in the light of the Midnight Sun
• Visit historic sites of early Arctic explorers
• Cruise by Zodiac amidst glaciers and floating icebergs
• Explore deep fjords lined with rugged mountains
• Observe polar bear, walrus, reindeer and Arctic fox
• Admire the perfectly spherical boulders of Champ Island
• See a multitude of seabirds such as auks, kittiwakes and guillemots
For further details please call Gay Scruton at The Cruise People Ltd in London on 020 7723 2450 or e-mail email@example.com.